Lol, I wish y'all could see this weather out here. Ok, so the good news is, from what I've heard, the weather we've been having lately is about as bad as it gets - and it's the type of weather that usually doesn't come until January. So that means I can handle it. The bad news is....I have five more months of this before I will finally be able to see the ground again (so I'm told). Oh joy. Here's the thing: up until this week the temperature hadn't been so bad (maybe a few days of 2 degree weather but then there'd be a few 30 degree days thrown in - I can handle that). Then this week, the temperature just dropped (27 below is what I'm told it reached at one point - I really don't know since I refuse to listen to the weather at this point - I just dress for the extreme cold every day). Honestly, I'm relieved because I was expecting worse - much worse. But then again, I do have a 3 block commute. If I actually had to be outside much, I might be singing a different tune.
Otherwise, things in the Twin Cities are good. I've been battling my natural desire to stay home and be a hermit (a direct response to the cold) - some weeks I do good, some not so good. I've been steady meeting folks here and developing some friendships too which has been nice. Last weekend I went out during the day Saturday to finish my Christmas shopping although I avoided the Mall of America like the plague. Way too crowded. Saturday night, I went to an "Ugly Sweater Party" which I've decided is a very Midwest thing b/c the only people I know who had ever heard of one are people from the Midwest. It's a pretty cheesy concept but I had fun anyway (you would've been disappointed in my choice of apparel - I was told there was nothing ugly about my sweater...which makes me now question some of my friends' sense of fashion, jk). It was at the house of a friend who went to Wharton with me and also works with me so I got to catch up with work folk and Wharton folks. On Sunday I did my grocery shopping and went to the movies with a friend to see "Four Christmases". I wanted to go see Cadillac Records but I wasn't waiting around another hour to see the next show. Four Christmases was hilarious though. This weekend, I'm having brunch with a few friends in Edina then we're going to check out the Northface store (b/c we all need long, heavy, warm coats!). I'm also meeting up with another friend to help them with some business school application stuff (good times - so glad I'm no longer in that position). I also have to pack to go home!!!! I can't even explain how excited I am to go home. I'll be in NYC for a few days then going to visit my uncle down south. It will be nice to have a change of scenery. I'm counting down the days. Ok, that's it for me. If I haven't heard from you in a while, hit me up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment