Ok so I am really pumped. I just got back from Target where the entire Anna Sui collection was on 75% off clearance (yes I've been stalking the clearance racks). So finally I can justify buying more than one piece from the collection (for the record I bought 7 pieces including a skirt that I never even saw before today). There is one dress that I've wanted since the collection first hit, but unfortunately I have yet to find it in my size. They had it today on clearance in a size XL. Yeah ok. I think the Anna Sui collection is my favorite Target designer collaboration since Alexander McQueen. While I'm on the subject of design collaborations, is anyone else as interested as I am in the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection? It hit this past weekend, and apparently its only in 200 stores worldwide.
Well apart from shopping, I've been working lots of overtime with the holidays approaching. This is my busiest season, and it seems like everything that could go wrong has. I was out at stores last night talking to the team leads about some of my product that they have been slow to put out in stores. Then I was back in the stores today doing the same thing (which is how I came upon Anna Sui on clearance) and happened to see some of my Black Friday product already out on the sales floor. I almost had a fit. I tracked down the executive team lead and we got to the root of the issue and straightened it out. She was really nice too - when I was at the store yesterday, the team leader was acting like I was going to beat her up for not having put the product out yet (although I did notice that when I went back today, the product was out).
I spent the weekend checking out jewelry. I went to a ladies lunch on saturday that Erin and her friend Jayme arranged. There were about 20 of us (I knew about three people including Erin and Jayme since most of the women worked at Medtronic but they were all really nice). After lunch Erin and I went to the Casket Arts building and checked out their holiday exhibition. There were at least 50 different artists of all types with booths or rooms selling everything from jewelry to paintings to pottery. I bought a really pretty pair of sterling silver earrings (complicated enough that I couldn't make them myself). Later on we carpooled out to Hudson, Wisconsin (only about 30 minutes from downtown Minneapolis) to the holiday jewelry sale of a friend of Erin's coworker. In the spirit of 3 degrees of separation, I ran into the inventory manager from my old team at work who happens to be the jeweller's cousin. We got there 30 minutes after the sale started so most of the cutest pieces were already bought. I ended up buying a pair of drop earrings primarily to be supportive. They were cute but I could have made them myself.
Ok I'm getting sleepy, I'll try to write more this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if Erin's friend Jayme is the one from UNC '09. I have a friend from Duke '08 who works at Medtronic named Lovern.
Post a Comment