Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

So, I'm just peeking in a for a quick update since I happen to be down in the laundry room once again (Sundays are perfect...it's quiet). My weekend was insanely busy, which is quite ironic since I was told that it was my "last weekend of freedom" before I get buried in this new role. Friday night, I went to my sorority chapter meeting and had a really good time meeting lots of new sorors. Afterward, me and a couple of sorors that I knew prior to the meeting went to dinner at this spot nearby (I said I was going to remember the name and clearly, I forgot already). The food was really good - I had some salmon pasta salad which was seasoned perfectly, and I'm not even a fan of salmon so you know it had to be good. I got home a little before midnight and had to be up early the next morning for Founder's Day activities, which were going on all weekend, but I only stayed around until the early afternoon. After I left, I went to IKEA to try to get some things to finish fixing up my apartment before my family comes to visit next week. I came home and spent a good part of the evening putting together the things I bought and rearranging my living room to prepare for my 10 year old sister and 4 year old niece (ie. lots of MESS). I finished around 9, then I was supposed to be going to a get together and this guys' house (I had only met him once through my Medtronic friends) but then I got a text from my friend Erin (one of my Medtronic friends) saying she wasn't leaving until 10. So I procrastinated for another hour, then she sent me another text saying she probably wasn't going to make it. That was about all I needed to hear to convince me to stay home, but then I got a text from another Medtronic friend saying he was just leaving his place, so then I finally talked myself into going. It turned out to be a lot of fun (isn't that always the case, especially when you don't really want to do something??) - it was a game night, so there were all these board games lying around. I ended up getting dragged into a game of Monopoly (I was told it was the "quick version"...I should have known - there's no such thing). So, three hours later, I was still sitting at the table ready to pull my hair out b/c the Monopoly game was still going on. Don't get me wrong, it was fun...and hilarious. But it was after my bed time (yes, I admit, I'm getting old when 1am is past my bedtime on a Saturday night, lol) and I kept yawning. I ended up dropping my friend off at his place and got home around 2. Then yet again, I had to be up this morning to go to church. Some friends of mine from work were going to Sanctuary - a church here that I have heard lots of things about (good and bad....let's just say every 3rd sunday is "hip hop Sunday"...it's a little scary). I had never been so I was excited to go but I was very tired this morning. Although the church itself is not quite what I'm used to (it meets at a middle school - they don't have a separate church building...and don't bother dressing up b/c you'll be out of place - everyone wears jeans), I really enjoyed the service. The congregation is the most diverse I've ever seen in a church, and the sermon itself was very motivating and biblically based, which is always important to me. It's also quite popular - I ended up sitting in the same row with two other people I know from work (that I didn't even know went to that church) and I saw some other friends from work sitting a few rows in front of me. Then, my good friend from high school showed up with her daughter (I had no clue she went there either). So yeah, not the place if you want to be MIA. But it was cool either way. I told my friend that invited me that I would go back with her any time. Afterwards, we went to brunch at a spot called Good Day cafe and met up with another friend. The food was yummy. I had an "berry blast" smoothie, and an omelette with bacon, cheddar and tomato...despite the tomato, it was still really good. After brunch, I came back here and got moving...I had a long list of things I needed to accomplish before the madness starts at work tomorrow. I've gotten a good chunk done but there's still lots left to do. So that means its time for me to sign off. Later!!!

No comments: