Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Madness Begins

Ay ay ay...what a week. And it's only Wednesday. So, I told y'all I finally got placed and I'm very excited about it. However, transitioning into a new buyership is a very taxing thing. It's like someone handing you their business and saying "ok, I'm going to disappear in a week, so ask me everything you know, then you're on your own to run my business." Yeah, ok. I have a bazillion questions and between me trying to wrap up things with the business that I was running prior, and the girl I'm replacing trying to organize herself in order to transition to me, I haven't gotten many questions answered. The two of us went to lunch today and just chatted about things that are difficult to discuss in the office (team dynamics, politics...all those things you love about corporate america). Today was the first day I got to really interact with my new team. I met the analysts who are working with me, their manager (who I can already tell is super sharp), and some of the other team members. It helps that my new team sits (literally) in the next row from my current team, so some of them I already knew, including the guy who sits right across from my current desk. They seem ok so far (no crazies yet, lol). They seem much more laid back than my current team, which in some ways is a good thing. I attended a few meetings today and was really lost on some things. However, the old buyer told me that I know a lot more than she knew when she started (hard to believe), which is only a mild comfort. Tomorrow is my first day of us sitting together and truly transitioning so I'm hoping that things start to make more sense soon. I'm going to spend the afternoon shopping the category, and hopefully that will help me feel like I know at least something about sleepwear. Anyway, I'm off to make dinner. Ciao!

No comments: