So, after a very rough weekend, today I finally got some good news at work. My divisional interrupted my team meeting to call me into her office and tell me that I am finally getting placed! As of the end of next week when I am fully transitioned, I will be the Buyer for Kids Sleepwear. Get excited! Lol. Ok, so it wasn't my very first choice but I honestly feel relieved that I wouldn't have to wait another two months before being placed. The great part is that I am replacing a Buyer who is a good friend of mine and has been serving as one of my informal mentors since I got here in August. She is also an external hire so she has been in my shoes, and I think the transition will be much more comprehensive than if I were taking over the business from someone else. The other great part is that the business has a lot of the elements I was looking for, and it's very different from my previous Buying experiences in Kids sportswear. I will definitely miss the business that I've been working on (tween girl sportswear), but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
So now I have a LOT on my plate b/c I have another project at work that I have been managing apart from my business, and I don't want to give up now that I am placed. And interview season is about to begin and I have a feeling its going to be crazy (I'm conducting interviews for my b-school...y'all know I can't stay away from recruiting). So if I turn out to be MIA for a while...you know why. Otherwise, things have been ok. Last week was busy , and turned out to be a very rough week for me for a number of reasons which I don't even want to get into. I'm hoping that things will get better from this point forward. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. In the meantime I am focused on solidifying my 1, 3, 5 and 10 year plans b/c y'all know me...I'm always trying to elevate :-). Well, I worked a "late night" and I have a lot on my plate tomorrow with beginning my transition into my new position. Keep me in your prayers y'all that things go well in this role and that I am successful with it. One!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment