Ahhhh...this rash is driving me crazy. Instead of being out and enjoying my Saturday night, I'm cooped up in this apartment rubbing myself down with cortizone every 30 minutes or so because this rash keeps itching me like crazy. Yes, this is the same rash that started last week when I found out that I'm allergic to amoxicillin. Its gone away on my face completely and the bumps have gone down over the rest of my body but yesterday the itching started up again to the point that I was starting to look like a crackhead, scratching myself every two seconds. And of course the scratching just made it worse. It started up again tonight after I ate dinner which makes me wonder if there are certain foods that activate it and make it worse (last night I had baked potato pizza from Pizza Luce and tonight I ate the leftovers so it could be something in the pizza that's causing the itch to flare up).
I managed to get through a bunch of errands today, including returning my books to the library (I renewed them online twice b/c their hours don't jive well with my schedule) and hitting up the post office to mail out some birthday gifts. I stopped by the salvation army store (aka the discount Target store) and managed to get a hold of a few items from the Tracy Feith for Target collection (admittedly not one of my favorite collections - a little too floral for my tastes - but I have a collection of Target designer series items). I also copped a Simone Legno for Target tee (adorable) for 3 bucks and a Nick and Nora sleep gown for 6 bucks. Nice. I also hit up my favorite SuperTarget, and checked out my own product as well as the full Paul Frank girls collection that just hit (I really want the black hoodie - I think I can fit an XL). It looks good. I bought one of the boys tees for my godson. The rest of the day was sent cleaning my apartment and watching tv in between napping. I finally saw the BET awards (I've been seeing bits and pieces - today I watched it from the beginning in b/w cleaning up). So here are my thoughts. First, my favorite part of the show had to be the Keith Sweat, Guy, and BBD performances, hands down. I also thought all of Neyo's performances were good, although I think there was one too many Jamie Foxx performances considering he was the host (is that a bad sign considering I'm going to see him in concert this week?). The O'Jays tribute was also cool but the rest of the show was just ok IMO. Oh wait - umm, Maxwell??? He sounded good. And I wasn't even a big fan of his before but I liked the song he did. I also finally got to catch up on some videos (I no longer get VH1 soul since I moved here and I barely watch tv anyway). So this is a bit random, but I'm really glad that Eminem has returned to the music scene. Yeah he has some issues but his song "Beautiful" is just that. Every time I hear it, I stop and listen. His music is always so transparent. I also saw Jay's video finally. I like the song - its a reminder that he still has it.
Earlier in the week I went to the YPOTC monthly happy hour (young professionals of the twin cities) and caught up with my friend Erin. It was held at Stella's Fish Cafe which was rated as having the best seafood in the twin cities a couple years ago. I had tried to go there a few times but they usually have a ridiculous line outside (why any place in minneapolis would ever have a line is beyond me). Stella's has a rooftop bar and dining, which is partially responsible for its popularity. We ended up staying at the happy hour for about 5 minutes (it was a small room and it was cramped) and ate on the rooftop. I had their crab and spinach dip - oh my goodness, it was so good and nice and fresh.
Monday is my first day under the new reporting structure at work. On friday, I met my new team for the first time - we were required to have breakfast with our new teams. It was pretty non-eventful and definitely not the most comfortable for me. I think they will take a bit of getting used to since I had never seen or met any of them prior to friday. I don't physically move desks until next friday or the following week which is nice.
Ok, I have to go rub down with cortizone...again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment