Sunday, August 2, 2009

Target Commercial

Ok so I just had a moment! I'm lying here watching "Waiting to Exhale" (which I haven't seen in a minute) and on the commercial break a Target commercial came on. Its one where they're showing a girl dressing up in a bunch of different styles trying to find the right outfit for back to school. As I was half paying attention, I noticed the girl wearing one of "my" Mossimo tops (I say mine b/c it was a top I bought when I was buying Mossimo girls sportswear and its one of my favorite Moss tops - I'll post a pic - its in stores now). Then I kept watching and noticed the Xhil table rocker tee and skirt (I didn't but that but my mentor did and I remember going through the whole design process with her). I got so excited! You would think I had never seen a Target commercial before. Actually I never have - at least not one featuring my product. As a random side note, someone sent me a pic of Michael Jackson's kids wearing one of my sleep sets, lol. Apparently Michael (or more likely one of his assistants) shopped Target for his kids. Sweet.
I spent the day today at the mall and dragged my friend Carl with me. I went b/c I was out of True Blue Spa Shea Butter Foot Cream from Bath & Body Works. I hit them up first and got my foot cream and also got a pair of lounge crops from Aeropostale (which I was badly in need of considering how worn out my Victoria's Secret ones are). I also discovered that Macys sells the Zoo York brand by Marc Ecko (which I love). I ended up getting a couple of tees. Carl's only purchase was a Minnesota Twins cap from Lids. He was also determined to show me around Herberger's (apparently its a regional department store that I had never been in before today). I wasn't impressed but I kept my thoughts to myself. Their sale prices were good but they seem to cater to an older guest. The mall was actually pretty empty considering its a saturday. We probably stayed about an hour and a half.
Oh so the networking thing last night didn't exactly work out. We went to Rudolphs but didn't see any group of black women that would've fit the bill. Now granted, we were about an hour late but it was still only 6:45 when we arrived - I didn't think they were taking "happy hour" literally. So we ended up just getting a table and staying for happy hour. I had some of their wings (which everyone swears are so good - they were ok although the sauce was the best part) and cornbread (which warrants praise - very good).
Ok I have to get back to angela bassett and whitney. Ciao!

No comments: