So, have you ever listened to a song and thought "this song don't make no sense!" I'm having one of those moments right now. I'm having a rare moment of being at home in time to watch 106 and park on BET (don't get me started on the state of BET these days) and this video that is on right now is just garbage (ok the title just came up - its some artist named dorroughs and the song is called "Ice Cream Paint Job"...umm yeah). I've been home since about 2:45pm because today was moving day in my division at work. On Monday I'll be officially moved to my new desk with my new team (for the record, unlike everyone else who is moving, my new desk area doesn't actually exist yet so I'm curious to see how it all comes together). I spent about three hours at work today packing moving boxes and labeling everything from the boxes to the chairs, the phone, my sample rack, boards, and every part of my computer to make sure everything gets moved. Not to mention I actually had to do work (my actual buyer work, not physical labor). The nice part is that I was able to come home, and relax and catch up on lame tv before I meet up with Erin for happy hour. I watched the Real Chance of Love finale and reunion (does anyone else think its ridiculous that there are girls on that show vying for the "love" of two nobodys who formerly vyed for the love of another nobody - aka "New York" - who formerly vyed for the "love" of Flava Flav, of all people...twice???) Then I watched the T.O. show. It was decent. T.O. actually seems like a pretty funny guy (cute, not so much, but funny, yes). I flipped from VH1 when the Charm School finale came on though - I don't understand how you go from Charm School with Monique (hilarious!) to Charm School with Ricki Lake (boring and lame)? Which leads me to 106 and Park and the ice cream video. Sigh.
In other news, this week has been pretty social for me, oddly enough. Tuesday was a rare beautiful and warm summer day here (the weather has been pretty crappy lately) so Erin and I decided to meet up for happy hour after work. We went to one of my favorite spots called Barrio although we weren't lucky enough to get outside seating. Barrio is known as a tequila bar but I really like their food - the crab empanadas are banging. On Wednesday, I arranged what was supposed to be a small get together at late night happy hour for my good friend Fabrice who is leaving me to start b-school in Michigan (he was supposed to be leaving this weekend but who knows). It was supposed to just be me, Erin and Fabrice (I know Erin through Fabrice b/c they used to work together). Somehow though, it ended up being the three of us and three of Fabrice's boys, including his friend Troy who I've been hearing about for months from Fabrice but have never met (it usually goes like this - Fabrice: "you know my boy Troy, right?" Me: "No, you ask me that every time you tell me a story about Troy but I've never met the infamous Troy"). Lol. Anyway, the nice, quiet get together that I had planned at Chino Latino (another favorite Minneapolis spot) turned into a 3 hour Battle of the Sexes conversation, in which Erin and I were clearly outnumbered. I wish I had a transcript for y'all - it was pure comedy. We talked about everything from golddiggers, ballers, to needy and insecure men (and women) and whether or not its acceptable to lie on a first date (for the record, lying is never acceptable). I looked up and it was 1:15am (on a school night...I mean, a work night - I hardly ever stay out that late during the week). I dropped Fabrice off, came home and crashed. Last night I met up with Erin after work for this Ladies Night shopping event in Edina. There were about 30 stores and services in the 50th and France area that were staying open late (until 9pm, whoa! They normally close at 7pm) and offering discounts for ladies night shoppers. We went to one of the Aveda salons and got free mini facials. It was ok but I was a little concerned when the lady doing my facial kept saying "wow! your skin is so soft, I think you have the softest skin of anyone I've worked on today!" Ummm, somehow I couldn't help but wonder if maybe she's only used to working with rough skin and was about to jack my skin up (one of the products she put on my face did make it burn a little, until she put a moisturizer on). There were also some really cute boutiques that we went into that were having sales but some of them were really crowded. I discovered this one boutique called LadySlipper which had some really unique handbags, shoes and jewelry. The entire store was having an addtl 20% off for ladies night. I ended up buying one of the most adorable rings I've seen in a while (if you didn't know I have a thing for rings...especially big floral rings). This one is an orange flower with a white pearl in the middle. It was marked down from $37 to $15 with the addtl 20% off so $12 final cost. I also bought a Kissable Couture lip gloss which I tested and fell in love with immediately. After shopping we were lured into this restaurant called Tejas by the $6 featured margarita (which turned out to be a Blue Island margarita) and $4 chicken nachos happy hour special. It turns out the specials were only at the bar and we were seated at a table by the time we found this out. We stayed anyway and had the nachos and margarita. On the drive home, my GPS decided it didn't feel like catching a signal. Its a good thing I have a decent sense of direction, otherwise I might have ended up wandering around rural minnesota somewhere trying to find my way home. Tonight I'm going to yet another happy hour (story of my life) with Erin. Erin is my key to the city - she always knows what's going on. She sent me an invite this week to join the "Society of Black Women" or something like that. Supposedly its a group of black women living in the twin cities who get together to network and socialize. Erin hasn't actually been to any of their events so since I joined she suggested we both go to their happy hour tonight (so if we're not feeling it we can both bounce). Its at Rudolphs, which reminds me of Dallas BBQ in the city - always a reliable casual get together spot with good food and drinks. I'll let you know how it goes. I have to get up and actually throw some clothes on so I can look presentable. Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I wish I'd read your itchy entries earlier. Poor thang! I would've encouraged you to take that Benadryl. You probably would've only needed one or two to stop the reaction. The PCP probably prescribed a low dose of prednisone for you and that's a corticosteriod. I love prednisone. It's like the wonder drug. I took it for my eczema before when I was itching through the night. It clears up everything even in small doses. Oh yeah, tell Ms. Jennings I said hi.
Post a Comment