Sunday, April 5, 2009
Waiting
As I write this, I am standing in front of a gate at the Milwaukee airport waiting for the gate lady to return and give me an updated seat assignment. It looks like I will have 3 hours to kill sine the earlier connection flight I was hoping to get a seat on headed to Minneapolis is full. My original connection flight leaves 3 hours from now. I was in the Boston area this weekend, reuniting with long lost friends and associates as part of Af-Lat-Am's 40th reunion. Af-Lat-Am is the Afro-Latino American Society - the student organization for students "of color" at my high school Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts. The weekend was great (I'll write in more detail when I get home) but I got so little sleep (y'all know how it is when you're catching up with folk and have a limited amount of time and want to make the most of it) so I'm trying to get home as early as possible so I can catch up on sleep. This airport doesn't have much in the food department either. I have Johnny Rockets on the brain because there was one at Logan airport in Boston but it was too early for lunch when I was there. Since I now have 3 hours to kill I guess I'll go have a meal. Fortunately I'm with a high school friend of mine who was at the reunion and also lives in Minneapolis. She decided to fly standy so we could travel together rather than taking her original flight scheduled for tonight. Hopefully the time will pass quick. More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment